How do I create and delete a cron job?
Cron Jobs run scheduled tasks at specific times. This is good to set up automated maintenance and other unmanned server duties. To create a cron job, please do the following:
- Click on the "Cron Jobs" icon inside cPanel, under Advanced.
- Make sure the current email address is valid. If not, enter a new email and click the "Update Email" button.
- Select the Common Setting you want. This will automatically change the other time settings.
- Alternatively, you may adjust the individual time settings. Minute, Hour, Day, Month and Weekday can be modified to achieve your goal.
- In the input box to the right of "Command", type the name of the file type, then add a space and provide the path to the file which you would like the command to run.
- Click the "Add New Cron Job" button.
You have just created a cron job to execute a file at a certain time and date with the desired repetition.
Cron jobs are easy to edit and delete.
Click on the "Cron Jobs" icon inside cPanel.Scroll down to the last section called "Current Cron Jobs".
- Find the correct cron job and click either "Edit" or "Delete", under Actions.
- Editing does not have the nice automated tools, so it may be easier to copy the Command, delete the cron job, and recreate it.
Was this answer helpful?
You would login to cpanel at http://yourdomain.com/cpanel and click on the awstats icon.
To access cPanel: Type: https://IP:2083 into your preferred Internet browser....
Make sure you are using the correct username and password to login via ftp. If you are sure...
What is mod_rewrite? Mod Rewrite allows you to change the URL that everyone sees when they visit...
Use https and our IP address, followed by the secure port number:...